Monday, August 17, 2009

Mixed Vegetable soup




My daughter was down with a cold a week ago...........and what's best to have during this time??? offcourse............hot soup to ease out your throat and also to sober your cold. This is a very simple version of a mixed vegetable soup. I try to use the veggies that are available in the pantry at that time. My daughter is usually very choosy abt food......but surprisingly she loved this soup, and as there are veggies in there I don't mind making it again for her :)

Ingredients: (Serves 3)

2 Big ripe tomatoes
1 onion
1 potato
1 carrot (peeled and diced)
salt acc to taste
pepper
1 tablespoon butter
fried bread pieces for garnish (I avoid frying of the bread pieces. Instead cut the bread into cubes and place them in a microwavable plate and mic high for 2 to 3 min. check every other min so that they dont burn. This way the bread pieces become crispy as needed for the soup and we avoid the usage of oil)

Method:

Pressure cook all the veggies. Once they are cooled down blend them together. Heat a pan and add the veggie puree and add the butter. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve in a bowl and top it with the bread pieces.

5 comments:

  1. This is how we make tomato soup dee. More tomatoes actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I make tomato soup a little differently. Will put that some day in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we actually blanch the tomatoes separately and boil the veggies separately. Potato adds the consistency mainly. Put your method too someday, I'll put mine too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe inspired me to make some sweet corn soup at home. It felt good to have something healthy, home-made and delicious. I tried using Canola oil instead of butter (I've started replacing butter with Canola oil wherever I can). And it tasted great.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice tip Shobana. Will try using canola oil from next time :)

    ReplyDelete