Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coconut Rice



I really don't know who invented coconut rice but then I have tasted few diff versions of the same. Thai cooking also makes coconut rice and we in south India also prepare the same. I always felt that this is a very easy recipe and anyone can prepare this, until my cuz asked for this recipe. I was literally shocked of how someone wld not know to prepare coconut rice...............so anyways I thought it wld be good to pen down this recipe too!

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut (I usually use the froxen grated coconut here in the US...as thats close to the fresh coconut) If you have freshly grated coconut that should be used for best results
1 cup rice
2 green chillies (choppped)
few curry leaves
fresh corriander leaves
mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and aesofotida
peantus and cashews
salt
oil

Method:

Heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves and aesofotida. Add coconut and stir for 2 min...do not burn the coconut. Once thats done add rice and salt. Mix well and serve with chopped corriander leaves and roasted cashews and peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment