Thursday, January 22, 2009

Theratipal Pictures

I tried out my cousin's recipe that she has shared in this blog. Check out her recipe for this delicious dessert.

I had to stir the dish every minute and a half. Finally, at the end of 5 minutes, I just added a drop of ghee and set it back at the microwave for 30 seconds.

It sure has come out well. I'm waiting for S to get back home, my official food taster. Apparently he loves this dish a lot. This surely is a tribute to the older generations who spent hours in the kitchen stirring up this wonderful milk sweet for us when we were rug rats.

7 comments:

  1. Kewl it looks that it has come out well. For those who like it a little more dry they can keep it in the microwave for another minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was about to do it, but then I tasted this, and I liked it. Plus, now as we speak, it's getting cooled down and dryer :) Superb recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subbu was wondering why I never made this till date - thanks V, he loved it. I've packed some in a tiny box for his after-lunch-dessert for tomorrow :) After every bite he goes "hmmmm aaaah ooooh" :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. See now you can make his fav sweet anytime he wants. Thanks to my MIL for giving me this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed, big thanks. Honestly, I was going to do it the traditional way and was prepared to spend the whole day in the kitchen. Glad that you posted this ... it didn't even strike me that I could search for a microwave recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! You can link this blog from your page - http://tastytraditions.blogspot.com ... which my Athai was working on in 2007 - its :)
    She will be in US soon, and spare time la again might start blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appy I've seen Vasi Mami's link before, nee kamichai! Awesome. I don't know how to blogroll dee... Koushik did it for me with my old blog... Subbu also doesn't know the code. Can you help? I would love to blogroll all the cookery blogs... Do share our link with Vasi Mami too.

    ReplyDelete